Iballa Moreno, a top SupConnect SUP Woman of the year handling this wave nicely.
OAHU, Hawaii - The waterman league is preparing for a great deal of action in 2013. They will continue with the Stand up World Tour (a year long sup surfing competition that determines a winner based on point accumulation) and the Stand Up World Series (a series of sup racing contests that also determines a winner based on point accumulation).
2013 looks to be even more exciting, however, than last year as the league is introducing a Women's World Championship Tour for SUP surfing that will run alongside the men's in Hawaii, Brazil, California and France.
For dates, please see the schedules for each tour below. For details click the links below.
Stand up World Tour 2013 (SUP Surfing) schedule:
1. Sunset Beach Pro, Oahu: 7th - 15th February (Na Kama Kai Youth event and preliminary rounds of Women's event to be held at Turtle Bay on 6th February)
2. Ubatuba Grand Slam, Brazil: 16th - 21st April
3. Rottnest Island Pro, W. Australia: 21st - 29th May (TBC)
4. So. Cal Grand Slam, California: 17th - 22nd September
5. La Torche Pro, France: 26th October - 3rd November 6. Location X Finals: 7th - 15th December
Stand up World Series 2013 (SUP Racing) schedule:
1. Magallanes Paddle Challenge, Patagonia / Chile: 14th - 17th March
2. Ubatuba Grand Slam, Brazil: 13th - 14th April
3. Oleron Paddle Challenge, France: 8th - 9th June
4. Hamburg Paddle Challenge, Germany: 16th - 17th June (date tbc)
5. Maui Paddle Challenge, Hawaii: 21st - 22nd July
6. Chicago Paddle Challenge, US: 24th - 25th August
7. China Paddle Challenge, China: 6th - 8th September (details tbc)
8. So.Cal Grand Slam, Califonia: 21st - 23rd September
9. Stand Up World Series Finals at Turtle Bay, Hawaii: 11th - 13th October
Click here for more information on the Stand Up World Tour.
Click here for more information on the Stand Up World Series.